Mediterranean Chicken Bake
What do you do when you have artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes and feta cheese left over from making a Greek pasta salad? Bake them with chicken for a Mediterranean entree. —Shannen Mahoney, odessa, Missouri
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Combine the herbes de Provence,
- salt and pepper; sprinkle over chicken. In a large skillet, brown
- chicken in oil on both sides.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with
- artichokes, tomatoes and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for
- 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads
- 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 353 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 835 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.