VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 8 cups)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, combine first four ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until tender, 10-12 minutes. Stir in chickpeas; heat through.
- Remove from heat; stir in spinach. Let stand, covered, until spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Bulgur Spinach Bowl in Simple & Delicious August/September 2017