- 2-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced pitted Greek olives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Shaved Romano cheese and minced fresh parsley
- Preheat broiler. In a large saucepan, place steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place broccoli in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer; steam, covered, 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in cooked broccoli, grated cheese and olives. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat; pour in egg mixture. Cook, uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until nearly set.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat 2-4 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Sprinkle with shaved cheese and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Mediterranean Broccoli & Cheese Omelet
"I'm only going to try this because of your last name. lol. I just know it'll be yummy!Michelle Licata, San Mateo, CA"
"This was delicious and so easy to make. I substituted cheddar cheese for the Romano because that's what I had on hand. I calculated 6 points for WW, so for me, it's light. I served it with salad and fruit, so it made a nice meal. A keeper for sure."
"My dad used to make it with peas and any other veggie--usually broccoli--we love it!"
"When is Taste of Home going to add printing options of 3x5 & 4x6 recipe card size?"
"Love this .........It's a good way to serve broccoli to my husband, who really doesn't like it but will eat anything with cheese in it : )) I eliminate the olives because I don't like them."
"This looks so good. My Italian mother makes it with asparagus and no olives."