- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup torn fresh baby spinach
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 2 whole pita breads
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir red pepper and onion over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add the egg substitute, salt and pepper; cook and stir until set.
- Combine the tomato, spinach and basil; spoon onto pitas. Top with egg mixture and sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Mediterranean Breakfast Pitas
Sort By :
"These were so yummy and I was surprised at the decent portion size. I used a whole grain tortilla instead and wrapped it up like a burrito. This will be part of my regular b-fast rotation."
"i cooked the eggs separately from the peppers and onions. this was a kind of fall apart meal. it was amazingly tasty. so next time, i might serve pita wedges on the side or something. really great flavors, will make again!"
"This was absolutely amazing. I never would have thought to put these flavors together - and for breakfast!"