"These pretty low-fat pitas, made with egg substitute, are great for any time of day, not just breakfast," nots Josie-Lynn Belmont of Woodbine, Georgia. They're full of flavor and healthy ingredients.
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup torn fresh baby spinach
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 2 whole pita breads
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir red pepper and onion over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add the egg substitute, salt and pepper; cook and stir until set.
- Combine the tomato, spinach and basil; spoon onto pitas. Top with egg mixture and sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Breakfast Pitas in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p35
Reviews for Mediterranean Breakfast Pitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review