This is a great way to use ground beef, and I often double the recipe because it's so easy. Whenever I make this dish, I receive so many compliments.—Phyllis Stewart, Goodwood, Ontario
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Hot cooked spaghetti, optional
- In a nonstick skillet, cook the beef, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper in 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add zucchini and green pepper; cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, vinegar, basil, thyme and remaining salt. Add beef mixture; heat through. Serve over spaghetti if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Beef Toss in Country Woman July/August 2004, p36
Reviews for Mediterranean Beef Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review