- 1 cup thinly sliced leeks (white portion only)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 large fresh basil leaves
- 1-1/2 pounds orange roughy fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- In a nonstick skillet, saute leeks and garlic in oil until tender; set aside. Coat a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange basil in a single layer in dish; top with fish fillets. Sprinkle with salt. Top with leek mixture.
- Arrange tomatoes and olives over fish. Thinly slice half of the lemon; place over the top. Squeeze juice from remaining lemon over all. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Cover and bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with rosemary. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mediterranean Baked Fish
Sort By :
"I used cod too nice recipe I add a small can of artichokes"
"We love this recipe with cod. It turns out perfect every time and even the family members who don't usually care for fish eat their share of this. Looks appetizing too!"
"this is a wonderful, beautiful and healthy recipe. I subbed cod for the orange roughy, regular tomatoes for roma, and added a sprinkle of parmesan to half of it. This recipe is beautiful, tasty, and healthy and will fit in well with my low carb diet."
"Very good. I think I ended up choosing to add more salt. I made up little individual foil packets instead of one big bake because I dislike reheated fish, and wasn't gonna be able to eat all of this at once. Also a tip for using leeks, cut them first then wash them easier to get all the sand out that way. Soak them in the salad spinner, and then you can just dump the water and the leeks end up nice and dry when you're ready to sauté them."
"This is an awesome recipe! I use onions and saute them with some garlic salt until they are carmelized. We also skip the olives and rosemary. This is DELICIOUS!"