Meaty Zucchini Stew Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 medium zucchini, halved and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- Drain tomatoes, reserving the juice; set tomatoes aside. In the same pan, combine the peppers, celery, onion and reserved juice. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the meat, tomatoes, zucchini, tomato juice and seasonings. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until zucchini is tender, stirring occasionally. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Meaty Zucchini Stew in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p35
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Meaty Zucchini Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review