Meaty Whole Grain Nachos Recipe
Multigrain chips are a nice change from tortilla chips. They also come in other flavors.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound uncooked chorizo
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (13-1/2 ounces) multigrain snack chips
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and chopped green onions, optional
- 1. Crumble beef and chorizo into a large skillet; add pepper and onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, salsa and barbecue sauce; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. Use snack chips for dipping. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes and green onions if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 488 calories, 24g fat (7g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 1031mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 8g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Meaty Whole Grain Nachos
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC