Spaghetti sauce gives an Italian twist to this chunky chili, which my husband can't get enough of. I always reach for this recipe when my zucchini crop is booming.
Recommended: 68 Slow Cooker Recipes to Warm Your Winter
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cups chopped zucchini
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Meaty Vegetable Chili in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p147
Reviews for Meaty Vegetable Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review