Meaty Tomato Soup Recipe
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- 2. Stir in macaroni. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 serving: 128 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 672mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Meaty Tomato Soup
"I love this soup and so does my family.Plus it's low-calorie but also very filling. Only 5 points plus points on Weight Watchers."
"This is another TOH recipe I've made many times. I realize it's not a low-fat idea, but I love putting a little sour cream on my spoon and then some soup. Yum!"
"Hearty soup, added a more vegetables: carrots, squash and celery"