Meaty Tomato Soup Recipe
As an elementary school librarian and church choir director, I've come to rely on--and thoroughly enjoy--slow-cooked meals. A sorority sister shared this recipe with me. - Ann Bost, Elkhart, Texas
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- 2. Stir in macaroni. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 serving (1 each) equals 128 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 672 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC