As an elementary school librarian and church choir director, I've come to rely on--and thoroughly enjoy--slow-cooked meals. A sorority sister shared this recipe with me. - Ann Bost, Elkhart, Texas
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Stir in macaroni. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Meaty Tomato Soup in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p59
Reviews for Meaty Tomato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review