Meaty Spanish Rice Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Black pepper to taste
- 1. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the ground turkey, onion and green pepper; cook until meat is brown and vegetables are tender. Add all of the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 30 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 300 calories, 14g fat (0g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 379mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 17g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Meaty Spanish Rice
"I'm not a big fan of ground turkey, but I sometimes find it for super cheap on clearance. I always make this when I have turkey."
"I use very lean ground beef because my husband doesn't like ground turkey."