Meaty Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and sausage until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the green pepper, onion, garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, paste, sugar and seasonings.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until bubbly. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Meaty Spaghetti Sauce
Sort By :
I love this recipe, so easy to prepare and everyone I serve it to loves it.
This is my new spaghetti sauce recipe. Loved it! I made it yesterday using all ground beef and no italian sausage. I tasted it but wasn't able to serve it until today. It was much better after the flavors had a chance to mingle overnight. I'll always make it a day ahead now.
my family's favorite spaghetti sauce
We LOVE this. Very hearty. Freezes well, if you need to divide it because it make so much.
This was fabulous! Tons of flavor and just enough sweetnes. Had enough to feed a family of 5 and still have enough left to freeze for another meal.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >