Meaty Salsa Dip
White corn adds sweetness and salsa brings a little zip to this hearty meat-and-bean blends. "The recipe became an instant family favorite after my daughter served it at a birthday party," confirms Bobbe Hart of Holyoke, Massachusetts. "I's a snap to make, and guests gobble it up just as fast."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen white corn, thawed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- Tortilla chips
- In a nonstick skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. In a serving bowl, combine the turkey, beans, corn and
- salsa. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 118 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 280 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V
, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now