Meaty Rigatoni Bake
Here's a super-easy Italian entree you may just fall in love with. “I created this dish from ingredients I had on hand,” says Mary Jo Grossman of Cloquet, Minnesota. “My husband, Bob, and I are empty-nesters, so I'm always interested in recipes for one or two.”
3 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 8 slices pepperoni
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble
- sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and mushrooms. Drain pasta;
- add to sausage mixture.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with
- cheese and pepperoni. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes
- or until heated through. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 414 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 1,385 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish.