Here's a super-easy Italian entree you may just fall in love with. “I created this dish from ingredients I had on hand,” says Mary Jo Grossman of Cloquet, Minnesota. “My husband, Bob, and I are empty-nesters, so I'm always interested in recipes for one or two.”
- 1 cup uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 8 slices pepperoni
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and mushrooms. Drain pasta; add to sausage mixture.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with cheese and pepperoni. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Meaty Rigatoni Bake in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p11
Reviews for Meaty Rigatoni Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review