Meaty Noodle Casserole Recipe
“This hearty recipe is fast and easy to make and many of the ingredients are already in my pantry.” If your family doesn't like green olives, use black instead or skip them all together. Lana Backus - Vonore, TN
- 1 package (12 ounces) wide egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces ) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the beef, pork sausage, onion and garlic powder over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the corn, tomatoes, soup, olives and parsley; heat through.
- 2. Drain pasta; stir into meat mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 509 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 1,164 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC