Meaty Mushroom Chili Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (46 ounces) V8 juice
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Sour cream, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook the sausage, beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the mushrooms, V8 juice, tomato paste, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Garnish with sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Meaty Mushroom Chili
Sort By :
this is my sons favorite chili one likes the beans added and the other wants no beans so I ask who is coming over and make it to suit the one who is coming lol but the best recipe try it over mashed potatoes even better and a complete meal.
love it I fix it all the time except add beans too.
uses v-8 juice