Meaty Macaroni Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Crumble beef into a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Add onion and green pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring once; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, macaroni, water, salt and pepper.
- 2. Cover and microwave on high for 9 minutes, stirring once. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 338 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 462 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Meaty Macaroni
"[quote user="Gloria H"]Add the macaroni uncooked? Doesn't sound right. [/quote] Trust me, it's right The added water cooks the macaroni. "
"Add the macaroni uncooked? Doesn't sound right."