This recipe is always fast to make, and the kids certainly enjoy it. I sometimes use my homemade canned spaghetti sauce.—Carolyn Rausch, St. Lucas, Iowa
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Crumble beef into a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Add onion and green
- pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until meat is
- no longer pink, stirring once; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce,
- macaroni, water, salt and pepper.
- Cover and microwave on high for 9 minutes, stirring once. Sprinkle
- with cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 338 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 462 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.