Meaty Mac 'n' Cheese Recipe
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 tablespoons diced pimientos
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped tomato
- Set aside cheese sauce mix from macaroni and cheese; cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the salsa, corn, olives and pimientos; cook until heated through.
- Drain macaroni; add to beef mixture with contents of cheese sauce mix. Cook and stir until blended and heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and tomato. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Meaty Mac 'n' Cheese
Sort By :
"Quick, delicious dinner."
"This was quick, easy and very good. We added more corn, olives and salsa. Yum!"
"Absolutely delicious, we added some Jalapenos instead of Mushrooms and left out the olives, it was easy to make and lived up to ALL the hype."
"very good quick and easy."
"Whoa this is so good! We didn't bother topping it with cheese & tomato...it doesn't need it! We also omitted the olives.~ Theresa"