Meaty Corn Bread Casserole Recipe
This casserole is as indulgent as it is delicious; this is stick-to-your-ribs, down-home comfort food at its finest.—Justina Wilson, West Salem, Wisconsin
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1-3/4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 envelope country gravy mix
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, water and brown gravy mix. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon into a greased 8-in.-square baking dish.
- 2. Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions; stir in the bacon bits, pepper and garlic powder. Spread over meat mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into corn bread layer comes out clean. Meanwhile, prepare country gravy mix according to package directions; serve with casserole. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece w/ 1/3 cup gravy equals 447 calories, 21 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 1,345 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC