This casserole is as indulgent as it is delicious; this is stick-to-your-ribs, down-home comfort food at its finest.—Justina Wilson, West Salem, Wisconsin
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1-3/4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 envelope country gravy mix
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, water and brown gravy mix. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions; stir in the bacon bits, pepper and garlic powder. Spread over meat mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into corn bread layer comes out clean. Meanwhile, prepare country gravy mix according to package directions; serve with casserole. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Meaty Corn Bread Casserole in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p43
Reviews for Meaty Corn Bread Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review