Meaty Chili Lasagna Recipe
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 to 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, peppers and chili powder. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add the soup, corn, tomato sauce, tomato paste and olives; simmer until heated through.
- 2. Drain noodles. Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with four noodles, half of the remaining sauce and a third of the cheese. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining noodles and cheese.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 405 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 597 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.