Meaty Cabbage and Rice Recipe
“My husband and I love this dish,” notes Claire Dufour of Alexandria, Louisiana. “I make it when I don’t have time to stand over the stove. It’s absolutely delicious.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 45 min. + standing YIELD:2 servings
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2/3 cup canned diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, sliced
- 1. In a 4-cup rice cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Press cooking selector lever to illuminate cook light. Cover and cook until light turns off, about 45 minutes.
- 2. In a small skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in sausage; add to rice mixture. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 418 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 1,163 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC