Meaty Apple Skillet
I love having family over for breakfast, and they all look forward to this down-home specialty. Cinnamon, nutmeg and apple slices help combine the flavors of the four different meats in this robust dish. I slice and cook the meat the day before to save time in the morning.
12-16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup cranberry-apple juice
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 3/4 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cooked and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- In a large skillet, saute apple slices in butter; sprinkle with
- cinnamon and nutmeg. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until apples
- are tender.
- Combine cornstarch and juice until smooth; stir into apple mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add
- sausage and ham; heat through. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 255 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 851 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein.