- 6 lasagna noodles
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups water
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 2-1/2 teaspoons each dried thyme, basil and oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the water, tomato paste and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place zucchini in a large saucepan; add 1/2 in. water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside. In a small bowl, combine egg and ricotta cheese.
- Drain noodles. Place 1/2 cup tomato sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with three noodles. Layer with half of the ricotta mixture and zucchini. Top with half of the remaining tomato sauce and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 9 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Meatless Zucchini Lasagna
Sort By :
I used a jar of sauce to save time. Everyone loves this recipe and the leftovers taste just as wonderful the next day.
I didn't use the sauce in the recipe and substituted my own canned homemade sauce. It took about a pint which I basically divided into thirds for the layers of sauce. We really liked this, and I will be making it again.
This was not very good. I agree with the person who said it would have been good with different sauce. It's a good idea but didn't quite hit the mark for me.
YUMMM!! This looks so great and tastes just as great!!! How could I not make it???
Fabulous! Kids loved it, too