This colorful salad from Kimberly Dray of Pflugerville, Texas blends together all your favorite taco ingredients...minus the ground beef. And you won't miss the meat at all! The guacamole dressing is thick and creamy.
- 1/3 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup crushed corn chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, beans and olives. Arrange lettuce mixture on a serving plate; top with guacamole mixture. Sprinkle with corn chips and cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Meatless Taco Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p31
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Meatless Taco Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review