- 1/3 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup crushed corn chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, beans and olives. Arrange lettuce mixture on a serving plate; top with guacamole mixture. Sprinkle with corn chips and cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Meatless Taco Salad
"This may not be the healthiest salad, but it is simply to die for. My whole family loved & my husband requested that I make it many more times this summer. I made homemade guac & tortilla chips, rather than use the corn chips. I also added grill chicken coated with homemade taco seasoning, which was delicious. This really does taste like a taco, almost like taco dip even. Next time I think I'll make it with black beans. I highly reconmend this salad, with or without meat. Its amazing."
"I lessened the calories by using a average can of pinto beans warming them and adding 1 tbls of cummin, 1 tsp of curry powder, 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes and 1 tsp of mustard powder. Bring to a hot simmer and place on your serving platter to cool, then add rest of the ingredients on top of the beans. I added the chili powder to the beans and eliminated crushed corn chips, kidney beans and Italian salad dressing. - Joel"