This rich and cheesy crowd-pleaser is golden-topped and makes any gathering special. “It's comforting and hearty and so make-ahead convenient. I've even made it a week before, frozen it, then reheated the day guests arrive. It's yummy with a loaf of crusty bread and salad.” Barbara Carlucci - Orange Park, Florida
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3-3/4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add creams. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, spinach, carrot and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Spread 3/4 cup sauce mixture in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with four noodles (noodles will overlap slightly), half of the ricotta mixture, 1 cup sauce and 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and mozzarella cheese. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over lasagna (dish will be full).
- Cover and bake at 375° for 55 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Meatless Spinach Lasagna in Simple & Delicious November/December 2008, p13
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Meatless Spinach Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review