Meatless Spaghetti Pie Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Add the egg substitute and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray. In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, green pepper and remaining Parmesan cheese. Spread over spaghetti crust.
- 2. In a nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms and garlic in butter until tender. Spoon over cheese mixture. Spread with spaghetti sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving equals 326 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 707 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.