Meatless Spaghetti Pie Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Add the egg substitute and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray. In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, green pepper and remaining Parmesan cheese. Spread over spaghetti crust.
- In a nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms and garlic in butter until tender. Spoon over cheese mixture. Spread with spaghetti sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Meatless Spaghetti Pie
Sort By :
I would increase the cooking time to thirty minutes. Twenty minutes was too runny!
Delicious!! You can sub in your favorite fresh veges for the mushrooms and green peppers depending on the season. This is one is a family favorite when we go to the beach. I make it ahead and it travels well.