Meatless Mexican Lasagna Recipe
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 6 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place two tortillas in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread with half of the corn mixture; sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes. Garnish each serving with a dollop of yogurt. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece equals 291 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 781 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.