Assemble this fun twist on lasagna for dinner, and your family will ask for it again and again. Instead of lasagna noodles, corn tortillas are layered between Mexican-style cheese and a Southwestern-style corn filling.
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 6 tablespoons plain yogurt
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place two tortillas in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread with half of the corn mixture; sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes. Garnish each serving with a dollop of yogurt. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Meatless Mexican Lasagna in Taste of Home February/March 2008, p48
Reviews for Meatless Mexican Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review