Meatless Lentil Soup Recipe
This has been my husband's favorite soup our whole 30-year married life. He enjoys taking a thermos of this to work during the winter. It's delicious served with warm biscuits and butter. —Janet Chase, Berrien Sprgs, Michigan
- 2 large carrots, halved and sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 cups water
- 1 package (16 ounces) dried lentils, rinsed
- 4 small red potatoes, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large nonstick saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook the carrots, celery and onion over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the water, lentils, potatoes, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until lentils are tender. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
1-1/2 cups equals 245 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 617 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 19 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Meatless Lentil Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC