Meatless Lentil Soup Recipe
- 2 large carrots, halved and sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 cups water
- 1 package (16 ounces) dried lentils, rinsed
- 4 small red potatoes, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook the carrots, celery and onion over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the water, lentils, potatoes, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until lentils are tender. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Meatless Lentil Soup(3)
Sort By :
The soup was very watery and really had no flavor at all. I even tried adding more salt and some white pepper to give it a boost.
This was pretty good. I felt like it needed more salt and perhaps some other seasoning to jazz it up a bit. Maybe Italian Seasoning or shredded cheddar on top?
I have made this twice now and plan to make it again soon! My husband absolutely loved it and requested the second batch before the first was finished!
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Lentil Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >