Meatless Lasagna Recipe
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 carton (15 ounces) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, saute onion and garlic for 3 minutes. Add the zucchini, mushrooms, carrots and peppers; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, water, tomato paste and seasonings. Bring to a boil. reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove 2 cups sauce and set aside.
- Drain noodles; set aside. Combine the ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella and Romano cheese. In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer a third of the remaining sauce, three noodles and half of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining sauce and noodles. Spread reserved sauce over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Meatless Lasagna(2)
Sort By :
This will be a regular in our house! My hubby loved it, and he's usually not into Western foods that I cook! He wants me to make it for when guests come for dinner- and he's usua the one that does all the cooking for those events. So, yeah, this is good :) I put about 5-6 cloves of garlic, I forgot the carrots (I will add them the next time), 2 heaping teaspoons of pepper, and about 1 heaping tablespoon of some wet, squeezable Italian seasonings from a tube. The tubed Italian seasoning replaced the basil and rosemary. Loved it!
This recipe freezes great and it is a great way to use up all that zucchini.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >