"My husband is a big meat eater, so when he's out of town, I try to cut back on meat and make this hearty chili," relates Eve Visser of South Bend, Indiana. "It's very quick and easy."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 4 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until
- vegetables are crisp-tender. Top each serving with sour cream and
- cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 313 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 1,049 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 15 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 2 starch, 2 lean meat.