"My husband is a big meat eater, so when he's out of town, I try to cut back on meat and make this hearty chili," relates Eve Visser of South Bend, Indiana. "It's very quick and easy."
- 1 can (16 ounces) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 4 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Top each serving with sour cream and cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Meatless Chili in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p33
Reviews for Meatless Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review