“I came across this recipe in a newspaper years ago and it’s been a real hit at our house ever since,“ recalls Cindy Ragan from North Huntington, Pennsylvania. “It’s fast and flavorful and appeals to all ages.“
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (16 ounces) mild chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the water, macaroni, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, salt and cumin.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Meatless Chili Mac in Light & Tasty October/November 2006, p46
Reviews for Meatless Chili Mac
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review