Meatless Chili Bake Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) vegetarian chili with beans
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine the chili, salsa and corn. Add pasta; toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 290 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 560mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 8g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Meatless Chili Bake
"I substituted the vegetarian chili with Stagg Chili (2 cans) and omitted the jar of chunky salsa. I also used frozen corn instead of canned. Adding extra cheese made this dish a real hit with my teenage son and his friends! In a pinch, when short on time, I use KD (Kraft dinner) instead of the spiral pasta."
"I made the recipe exactly as written. My husband and I didn't care for this."
"My husband is a meat and potatoes man and is very picky about anything else. I was challenged to make him more meatless meals. He loved this. He's already talking about how I should make it again. I think next time I will stir some of the cheese in besides just putting it on top. But we will definitely be making this again and again."
"I added more cheese to this and mixed it in along with putting it on top. A good meatless recipe - everyone enjoyed it a lot."
"It was a bit spicy so I just added sour cream on top to tone it down a bit. My family enjoyed it!"
"I have a lot of friends who are vegetarian and I made this recipe for some of them one night and it was a huge hit! They all wanted the recipe and were impressed it was so simple. My very non-vegetarian husband also thought it was great. I used frozen corn kernels instead of canned and it was fantastic!"