- 1 can (16 ounces) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 4 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Top each serving with sour cream and cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Meatless Chili
"I love, love that this is such a simple, and fast recipe! It's literally on the table within 30 minutes. It's also delicious! I agree...you do not miss the meat! I did not have the Mexican Stewed Tomatoes, but I did have Italian stewed tomatoes on hand - they were just fine. I did use 2 cans to get a little more juice in my chili. Oddly enough, I had a can of Mexican style corn! So it all worked out! This is a recipe that doesn't suffer with bean, or vegetable substitutions. So, when your stock is running low - you can improvise!"
"This recipe is great for vegetarians! I had to add just a little water to make it souper for me."
"This is so good you won't miss the meat! I make a double-batch of this about once a month and freeze 1/2 of it in single servings. Wonderful!"
"Super easy to make and delicious. Used Bush's Chili Beans in mild sauce (no meat) and reduced the spice amounts slightly."
"Love this! Easy to make. This is a keeper."