Meatless Calzones Recipe
- 2 frozen Texas-size white dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup each chopped sweet red pepper, fresh mushrooms and broccoli
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons Italian salad dressing
- 1. Let rolls rise until doubled, following package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute the red pepper, mushrooms, broccoli, onion and garlic in 2 teaspoons oil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Combine the cheeses and parsley; stir into vegetables.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll each dinner roll into a 7-in. circle; brush with salad dressing. Spoon vegetable mixture onto half of each circle; spread to within 1 in. of edges. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal.
- 3. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with remaining oil. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 333 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 782mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Meatless Calzones
"These are so good. My entire family, including a 2 year old and a 3 1/2 year old, loves them!"
"I really enjoy veggie meals and Hubby likes meat meals. Gonna try this one for sure. Thank you for these wonderful recipes."