Three kinds of cheese and vegetables fill these scrumptious meatless sandwiches from our Test Kitchen.
- 2 frozen Texas-size white dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup each chopped sweet red pepper, fresh mushrooms and broccoli
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons Italian salad dressing
- Let rolls rise until doubled, following package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute the red pepper, mushrooms, broccoli, onion and garlic in 2 teaspoons oil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Combine the cheeses and parsley; stir into vegetables.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each dinner roll into a 7-in. circle; brush with salad dressing. Spoon vegetable mixture onto half of each circle; spread to within 1 in. of edges. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with remaining oil. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Meatless Calzones in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p24
Reviews for Meatless Calzones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review