- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) vegetarian refried beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce, divided
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add the refried beans, black beans and 3/4 cup picante sauce; heat through.
- Spoon 1/4 cupful down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place, seam side down, in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine tomatoes and remaining picante sauce; spoon over enchiladas.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 5 minutes longer.
- Place 1/2 cup lettuce on each plate and top with two enchiladas. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Meatless Black Bean Enchiladas
Sort By :
"Good and simple. Did not have an onion so that was omitted but not really missed."
"Very good. Very simple. You will not miss the meat. I put some sliced black olives on top cause I just happened to have some."
"Absolutely delicious and low fat too! It doesn't get much better than that! The only change I made was adding a diced jalapeño to the filling and that's just because our family likes it spicy! Wonderful recipe!"
"It looks good but it is clearly a BURRITO."