- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef
- and pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-3/4-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at
- 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°;
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until
- tender. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce and paste, water,
- parsley, sugar, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add meatballs to sauce; simmer 5 minutes longer or until heated
- through. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups sauce and 5 meatballs (calculated without spaghetti) equals 544 calories, 24 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 186 mg cholesterol, 1,445 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.