Meatballs with Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces lean ground beef
- 2 ounces ground pork
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) whole tomatoes, quartered
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef and pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-3/4-in. balls.
- 2. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce and paste, water, parsley, sugar, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Add meatballs to sauce; simmer 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 544 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 186mg cholesterol, 1445mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 9g fiber), 37g protein.
Reviews for Meatballs with Spaghetti Sauce
"Sauce was good. Did not use meatball recipe. Did not use whole tomatoes"
"I just made the sauce, it is delicious. It gets better the next day. The only thing I did different was put it thru the food processor. What is the calorie count just for the sauce??"
"Awesome recipe. Decided not to use ground pork. You end up with alot of sauce. SSOOOO GOOD!"