- In a skillet, brown meatballs; drain. Add broth, mushrooms and onion.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Combine the flour, caraway seeds and sour cream until smooth; stir
- into meatball mixture. Cook over low heat until heated through and
- thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the flour, salt, eggs and milk. Let
- stand for 5 minutes. In a large saucepan, bring water or broth to a
- rapid boil. Place spaetzle batter in a colander or spaetzle press.
- Holding over the boiling liquid, press batter through holds of
- colander. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until tender; drain. Serve
- meatballs and sauce over spaetzle. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 692 calories, 28 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 264 mg cholesterol, 1,811 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 40 g protein.