- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of asparagus soup, undiluted
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- In a bowl, combine the beef, oats, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, celery salt and parsley. Shape by tablespoonfuls into meatballs. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until browned.
- Meanwhile, combine rice, celery, onion, mushrooms, soup, water and remaining salt. Transfer meatballs to a greased 3-qt. casserole; pour soup mixture over. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Meatballs with Rice in Country Ground Beef 1993, p44
Reviews for Meatballs with Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review