Meatballs with Mushroom Sauce
My mother was a great cook and experimented with a lot of different foods. She loved to invite family for dinner and often served these meatballs. - Joyce Watson, Piggott, Arkansas
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a large
- oven-proof skillet, brown meatballs; drain. Combine sauce
- ingredients; pour over meatballs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for
- 30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 30 meatballs.
Leftover evaporated milk should be transferred from the can to another container for storage. If stored in a covered container in the refrigerator, it can be used safely within 3 days.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (5 each) equals 285 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 703 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.