Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy Recipe
We added 2 tablespoons of Ready Mix Gravy to this saucy recipe from Krista Frank of Rhododendron, Oregon. "You can top the meatballs with the gravy or use the gravy as a dipping sauce," suggests Krista.
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons beef-flavored Ready Gravy Mix
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 10 meatballs. Place on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add gravy mix. Cook and stir until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Whisk in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in mushrooms.
- 3. Drain noodles. Drain meatballs on paper towels if necessary. Serve with noodles and gravy. Yield: 2 servings.
5 each: 467 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 176mg cholesterol, 897mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC