- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons beef-flavored Ready Gravy Mix
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 10 meatballs. Place on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add gravy mix. Cook and stir until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Whisk in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in mushrooms.
- Drain noodles. Drain meatballs on paper towels if necessary. Serve with noodles and gravy. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p26
Reviews for Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review