Meatballs with Cream Sauce Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- CREAM SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (14 ounces) chicken broth
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, oats, onion, parsley, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Roll in flour, shaking off excess.
- 2. Place meatballs on greased racks in shallow baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes. Turn meatballs; bake 12-15 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink.
- 3. Meanwhile, for sauce, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour, thyme, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add broth and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Drain meatballs on paper towels; transfer to a serving dish. Serve with sauce; sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (calculated without the salt and pepper in cream sauce) equals 389 calories, 24 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 139 mg cholesterol, 874 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.